Safety, clarity and simplicity
- > Visualize JIRA effective permissions
- > Improve your JIRA security settings
- > Manage permissions at once for a set of users
- > Perform Sanity Checks
RightsDNA - The Must-Have Admin Tool
Rights DNA is the perfect tool for JIRA administrators that want a coherent user rights management. It helps create a consistent and secure environment for your JIRA users.
While it makes managing new users a lot easier, it maintains the sanity of your permission schemes by calculating effective rights of the users and helps you establish a uniform set of permissions for your users.
It's All About Effective Permissions, My Dear Watson
The plugin offers a way to easily see and manage users' permissions. It shows what a single user can do, who can access a project and group users with common permissions into families.If some user asks you why s/he cannot see an issue, you can quickly analyse the user's permissions on that issue and act accordingly.
How it is achived? Well, actually RightsDNA does a unique thing on JIRA: it calculates the effective permissions along with the sources of those permissions thus, reducing the time a JIRA administrator will spend on permission management in JIRA.
With RightsDNA you do not buy a simple reporting plugin. Instead, you buy intelligent management of user permissions, since RightsDNA can check your security schemes sanity in an instant and report:
- Users that should not have access to your project(s)
- Unwanted rights sources (role name , group name, direct assignment)
- Inconsistent rights like editing issues without view permissions
- Visualize all users having rights in a given project, including the source(s) of the right
- Visualize all projects a user is having rights in
- Scan the entire JIRA for patterns of rights, called families and
- Assign users to families and thus operating the rights for all projects and permissions in the same time
- Save permission sets (for scanned groups or users) and can restore all these settings at once
- Perform JIRA user management sanity checks (invalid users, duplicate users, users that are old but still count toward your license, and more ...)
- Daily administration, by making users similar to others, permission checking, issue security checks
- Maintaining a clean collection of users, making the most out of your JIRA license
- Managing customer accounts versus internal developer accounts
- Cleaning up legacy users repositories
The property of this plugin has been transferred from Kepler-Rominfo to cPrime.